- Located at the western side of the confluence of the Muskingum and Ohio Rivers.
- The first pioneers of Marietta landed in April 1788, beginning by building cabins and planting crops along the river.
- In 1974, 60 acres of Harmar was designated the Harmar Historic District and listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Harmar has been connected by bridge to Putnam Street in Marietta proper; the first bridge was destroyed in the Great Flood of 1913 and a swing bridge constructed in its place, although the bridge has since been replaced by a newer span that opened in September 2000.
- In 1993, the district was expanded by the addition of more than two hundred contributing properties over an area of approximately 150 acres
For information:
Washington County CVB
241 Front Street Suite 7
Marietta, Ohio 45750
740.373.5178 or 1.800.288.2577
241 Front Street Suite 7
Marietta, Ohio 45750
740.373.5178 or 1.800.288.2577




No comments:
Post a Comment